I know we are all so busy this time of the year, but it always makes me feel better to do something for someone else. It does not have to be a big thing because every little thing is appreciated by those who need just a little help.
Have you said, “I know there are so many people who need help during the year, but I do not know how to help or who to call”? Now you can stop wondering how you can help someone during the upcoming holidays.
Let us offer just a few suggestions with which some of our employees have been involved:
• Be a Santa to a Senior—Lubbock Meals on Wheels
• Shoes for Orphan Souls—Buckner Children’s Home
• Canned Food Drive—South Plains Food Bank
• Toys for Tots—United States Marine Corps
• Operation Christmas Child—Samaritan’s Purse (Mardel’s)
• Angel Tree—Gifts for children of parents in prison (Ashley Furniture)
These are just a few of the ideas our staff has shared. Make someone else’s holiday just a little happier. Have any other ideas or charities to give back to?