Water Heater Repair & Installation in Lubbock
Servicing & Replacing Traditional & Tankless Water Heaters
Regardless of the time of year, access to hot water throughout your home is always a necessity. If your water isn't getting hot enough, you are experiencing cold stings in the shower, or you don't have any hot water at all, call on our plumbing service experts at Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc. Our Lubbock water heater repair and installation team will help you find the best solution for your needs and budget.
We service the following types of water heaters:
- Storage tank water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
Signs it's Time to Call for Water Heater Repair
There are several problems that can arise with a water heater, including no hot water, lukewarm water, rust-colored water, and water that tastes or smells metallic. You might also be hearing strange noises coming from your water heater – such as loud banging, clanking, or rattling – and your system may even be leaking water. But what causes all these issues to occur in the first place?
There are several reasons a water heater can start exhibiting problems, including:
- Internal corrosion – A water heater has anode rods inside of it that draw the corrosion to themselves to prevent the tank from corroding. Failure to replace these rods about every five years often results in rust accumulating on the water heater tank, which weakens the structure and can result in leaks. Also, this is what causes water to be rust-colored.
- Incorrect size – It is important to purchase a water heater that is adequately sized for your household’s hot water needs. A water heater that's too small will need to work harder than it should, which can lead to breakdown from overuse.
- Improper installation – Water heaters are mechanical systems that need to be installed correctly to ensure optimal performance and longevity. If your water heater was not installed properly, it can result in several problems that should be fixed by a professional.
- High water pressure – A water heater can be damaged by water pressure that's too high. If you see water leaking from your tank's overflow pipe, you may have a problem with excessive water pressure. You should make sure that the water pressure on your system is no higher than 80 psi, and you may need to replace your temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Sediment buildup – Heating water causes mineral deposits to separate, which then settle on the bottom of a water heater tank. Over time, this sediment builds up and reduces a water heater’s efficiency and eventually causes damage. This especially affects those who have hard water. Preventative measures include flushing your water heater at least once a year.
- Old age – Unfortunately, a water heater isn't designed to last forever. Water heaters typically last anywhere from 8 to 12 years. After that time, water heaters will begin to perform inefficiently, meaning your energy bills will be higher. Your system will also be more prone to experience other issues like pilot lights that won't stay lit, bad heating elements, or corrosion.
Professional Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Regardless of whether you need a new water heater, or your system’s issues can be resolved with a fast and effective water heater repair, our Lubbock water heater installation and repair experts can provide the perfect solution. Our team is fully committed to earning your trust and complete satisfaction. Take a moment to check out our reviews and current online specials, then get in touch with us to schedule your appointment.
Turn to our highly trained plumbers at Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc when you need water heater repair in Lubbock. Call us or contact us online today for a free estimate or second opinion!
“The new water heater was installed and the problem solved within about an hour.”- DeAnn D.
“We ONLY use Sinclair.”- John G
“He arrived on time and performed the work efficiently and was very professional.”- Chad S.