Water Heater Repair & Installation in Lubbock
Servicing & Replacing Traditional & Tankless Water Heaters
Regardless of the time of year, access to hot water throughout your home is always a necessity. If your water isn't getting hot enough, you are experiencing cold stings in the shower, or you don't have any hot water at all, call on our plumbing service experts at Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc. Our Lubbock water heater repair and installation team will help you find the best solution for your needs and budget.
We service the following types of water heaters:
- Storage tank water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
Call (806) 454-9332 today for fast, dependable water heater repair & installation. Financingis available!
Signs it's Time to Call for Water Heater Repair
There are several problems that can arise with a water heater, including no hot water, lukewarm water, rust-colored water, and water that tastes or smells metallic. You might also be hearing strange noises coming from your water heater – such as loud banging, clanking, or rattling – and your system may even be leaking water. But what causes all these issues to occur in the first place?
There are several reasons a water heater can start exhibiting problems, including:
- Internal corrosion – A water heater has anode rods inside of it that draw the corrosion to themselves to prevent the tank from corroding. Failure to replace these rods about every five years often results in rust accumulating on the water heater tank, which weakens the structure and can result in leaks. Also, this is what causes water to be rust-colored.
- Incorrect size – It is important to purchase a water heater that is adequately sized for your household’s hot water needs. A water heater that's too small will need to work harder than it should, which can lead to breakdown from overuse.
- Improper installation – Water heaters are mechanical systems that need to be installed correctly to ensure optimal performance and longevity. If your water heater was not installed properly, it can result in several problems that should be fixed by a professional.
- High water pressure – A water heater can be damaged by water pressure that's too high. If you see water leaking from your tank's overflow pipe, you may have a problem with excessive water pressure. You should make sure that the water pressure on your system is no higher than 80 psi, and you may need to replace your temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Sediment buildup – Heating water causes mineral deposits to separate, which then settle on the bottom of a water heater tank. Over time, this sediment builds up and reduces a water heater’s efficiency and eventually causes damage. This especially affects those who have hard water. Preventative measures include flushing your water heater at least once a year.
- Old age – Unfortunately, a water heater isn't designed to last forever. Water heaters typically last anywhere from 8 to 12 years. After that time, water heaters will begin to perform inefficiently, meaning your energy bills will be higher. Your system will also be more prone to experience other issues like pilot lights that won't stay lit, bad heating elements, or corrosion.
Is Hot Water Heater Knocking Dangerous?
Hot water heater knocking, a phenomenon that sounds like popping or banging, is not a good sign, but is it dangerous? Most of the time, it won’t be a hazard to your safety. However, we don’t want you to take chances. Knocking indicates that your hot water heater has significant sediment buildup, and this prevents the unit from heating as fast as it should. This additional struggle can cause overheating and damage, and in extreme cases, explosions.
Water heater explosions account for hundreds of injuries and tens of deaths every year. There’s no need to take the risk! Just give us a call at (806) 454-9332 for help!
Professional Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Regardless of whether you need a new water heater, or your system’s issues can be resolved with a fast and effective water heater repair, our Lubbock water heater installation and repair experts can provide the perfect solution. Our team is fully committed to earning your trust and complete satisfaction. Take a moment to check out our reviews and current online specials, then get in touch with us to schedule your appointment.
Turn to our highly trained plumbers at Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc when you need water heater repair in Lubbock. Call us or contact us onlinetoday for a free estimate or second opinion!
Unique Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
The Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Keeping Cool During Summer
Create the Bathroom of Your Dreams
How Does Cold Weather Affect Plumbing?
The Benefits of Joining a Maintenance Plan
Water Heating 101
The Importance of Your HVAC Units For a Great Night’s Sleep
We Care About Your Comfort Why Choose Sinclair?
Our main priority is our customer's experience. We strive to do everything we can to make your service process as easy as possible, while still providing quality services at an affordable price.
We provide guidance in selecting the best course of action for your HVAC or plumbing systems, by thoroughly assessing the situation and providing you with options.
Our NATE-certified technicians stand ready to serve all your residential or commercial indoor comfort needs 24-hours-a-day — and that’s a promise.
We’d like to say thanks by continuing to provide the same friendly, personalized service that has kept those customers coming back season after season, year after year.