Making Our Website Accessible for a Variety of Users
Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experiences for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
For more information, please call (806) 454-9332 or contact us online.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc takes the falling measures to ensure accessibility:
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional Accessibility Considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria, including:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes
- Motional animation triggered by interaction can be disabled unless the animation is essential to the functionality or the information being conveyed
- Real-time form validation
Compatibility with Browsers & Assistive Technology
Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc is committed to providing an accessible website. If you have difficulty accessing content, have difficulty viewing a file on the website, or notice any accessibility problems, please contact us to specify the nature of the accessibility issue and the assistive technology you use. We are committed to making our website as accessible as possible to people with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive, and motor impairments. We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users. We welcome your suggestions and comments about improving our efforts to increase the accessibility of this website.
Our website is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than three major versions or mobile operating systems older than five years
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations & Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of our website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for our website include:
- Third-party themes and plugins: Images used may not have text alternatives. Code may not meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards because we cannot ensure the plugins and themes developed by others outside our organization meet minimum compliance standards. We can report the issue to the developer(s) and request they update their code in a future release. Please contact us if you encounter a future issue.
- Downloadable PDFs, word documents, and other downloadable digital format documents: Some documents used on our website may not meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards because these documents are created by others outside our organization that may not follow all compliance measures. We can report the issue to the document maker and request a new version that meets minimum compliance standards. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Some graphics to include JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, and other formats: Some graphics on our website may not follow WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards because these graphics are created by others outside our organization and may not follow all compliance measures. We can report the issue to the designer(s) and request a new version that meets minimum compliance standards. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Images: Some uploaded images may not have text alternatives because some images are used for decorative purposes and do not contain a description. We monitor uploads and typically mark as decorative purposes within 3-5 business days. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc assessed the accessibility of our website via self-evaluation.
Web Accessibility Help & Information
Sinclair Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Inc is committed to providing an accessible website. If you have difficulty accessing content, have difficulty viewing a file on the website, or notice any accessibility problems, please contact us to specify the nature of the accessibility issue and the assistive technology you use. We will strive to provide the content you need in the format you require. We welcome your suggestions and comments about improving ongoing efforts to increase the accessibility of this website.
There are certain actions you can take to adjust your web browser to make your web experience more accessible.
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the US Social Security Administration offers these tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience:
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens
- Increase text size
- Magnify your screen
- Change the background and text colors
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only)
If you find a keyboard mouse difficult to use, speech recognition software such as Dragon® Naturally Speaking may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, there are several accessibility features available to you, including:
- Captioning: A caption is a transcript for the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally rendered visually by being superimposed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard of hearing and anyone who cannot hear the audio (e.g., when in a crowded room). Learn how to turn captioning on and off on YouTube.
- Volume controls: Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.
We’re Committed to Easy Access
We are working to ensure our website meets accessibility best practices by following the principles of universal design. This ensures the site is flexible and adaptable to different users’ needs or preferences and is accessible through a variety of different technologies, including mobile devices or assistive technologies.
During the development and update phases, we endeavor to follow WebAIM’s Principles of Accessible Design and also try to help improve the accessibility of our website for users with disabilities by:
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Maintaining color/contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Providing skip content links at the top of the page
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
Wherever possible, our website will adhere to the Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
These guidelines outline four main principles that state that sites should be:
- Perceivable: Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in the ways they can perceive
- Operable: User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable: Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust: Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies.
External Links & Links Leaving Our Website
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers by calling (806) 454-9332 or contacting us online.
Troubleshooting Common AC Problems: When to Call a Professional
Unique Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
The Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
Keeping Cool During Summer
Create the Bathroom of Your Dreams
How Does Cold Weather Affect Plumbing?
The Benefits of Joining a Maintenance Plan
Water Heating 101
We Care About Your Comfort Why Choose Sinclair?
Our main priority is our customer's experience. We strive to do everything we can to make your service process as easy as possible, while still providing quality services at an affordable price.
We provide guidance in selecting the best course of action for your HVAC or plumbing systems, by thoroughly assessing the situation and providing you with options.
Our NATE-certified technicians stand ready to serve all your residential or commercial indoor comfort needs 24-hours-a-day — and that’s a promise.
We’d like to say thanks by continuing to provide the same friendly, personalized service that has kept those customers coming back season after season, year after year.