Choosing the right HVAC system for your Slaton, Texas, home is an important decision that requires careful consideration. Choosing the right system is crucial to find the one to provide you with the most home comfort while ensuring you get the energy efficiency that you want and need. Two popular HVAC choices are a packaged HVAC system or a heat pump. Find out which one may be the option for you.
Heat pumps are an extremely efficient way to heat and cool your home. They work by transferring hot air out of your home in the summertime and drawing the heat in from the outside during the colder months. Some of the benefits of a heat pump include:
- Heat pumps are more energy-efficient than other HVAC systems, using minimal energy to operate especially when compared with traditional combustion systems.
- They usually require less maintenance than other systems/
- Since they don’t require combustion to operate, heat pumps are safer than traditional systems and don’t produce carbon monoxide.
Packaged HVAC Systems
A packaged system is a self-contained system that contains both the heating and cooling components. They are typically placed on a slab outside of your home or on a flat rooftop. You can get packaged units that are AC only, heat pump options, or systems that contain both heating and cooling elements. Some of the benefits of a packaged HVAC system include:
- They are extremely space-efficient, which make them ideal when you have limited storage space, and they fit well in attics and basements.
- Units are assembled before delivery and come pre-charged with refrigerant. This makes installation extremely simple and less costly.
When choosing between a heat pump and a packaged HVAC system, you will have to determine which type of system will work best for your comfort, budget, and the space in your home. Still not sure which one to choose? Contact us at 844-749-2665 today. One of our Sinclair Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing specialists will help you determine the best option for your home.
Image provided by Shutterstock